Text

~my thoughts about life~



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Randomness

I should have saved my Vent post for today!  Wow, did I have A Day yesterday.  Was it a full moon or something?  My kids fought with each other, they talked back, they cried, they pouted.  I walked into Son #1's room to return some laundry.  He was hiding in the closet watching a movie on my laptop.  His room was a mess and he hadn't done his chore yet.  He lied about having my laptop, which I had been looking for all morning.  I was so irritated.  Then we had a meltdown at dinner because Son #2 wouldn't even taste what I had made.  Everyone else tore it up.  I gave him a choice between soup or salad- he had to taste one.  I'll spare you the details and I won't post the pictures I took of him throwing a fit.  But let's just say it was not fun.  There's more to my day but I don't want to talk about it any more.

----------

I had to leave last night before Hubby got home from work.  So we ate dinner separately.  When I got home, he had loaded all the dinner dishes into the dishwasher!  He knew I had a bad day and did his best to make it better.  Small gestures like that really make my day!

----------

Baby Girl woke up this morning at 7:15 (too early for her), crying.  When I entered her room, she told me she was wet.  Her bed and clothes were soaked.  I became mad at myself for forgetting to put a diaper on her last night.  Was I too stressed from the rest of my day that I just shoved her into bed?  But there on the floor was a dry diaper.  At some point during the night, she had taken it off and put panties on instead.  I just don't get it.  Now she's going to be grouchy all day from waking up too early.  I hope it's not a repeat of yesterday!

----------

Other Bloggers- do you check your stats often?  I enjoy seeing which posts get the most hits and which days bring in the most traffic.  I checked this morning and I had received 90 hits in the past day from Italy!  I thought that was really cool as I don't usually have traffic from Italila.  So buon giorno to my new friend(s)!

----------

Have I told you lately how excited I am for our upcoming vacation? We scheduled it as late as possible this year, hoping to avoid some of the traffic from school kids off for the summer. Our district is building a new middle school so the start date was pushed back a couple weeks. I still don't think the school is going to be done by the first day but it's beautiful! It's enormous and I can't imagine that both of my sons will be attending there. Big Sis gets a new school next year.


----------

The kids found this little guy outside.  While I was a bit freaked out by him, they really enjoyed studying him.  Of course I got asked what in the world it was.  I never got around to Googling it but I think it's a locust?  They put him in the empty swimming pool for a while because they thought he was dead.  But when they came back, he was gone.  I'm sure his family was worried about him.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I've heard a few moms talking about a full moon affecting their kids recently. While I would normally laugh, my kids have been quite challenging lately too. Maybe there is fact in that theory.

I don't know what that bug is, but I've seen many of them around here. Although they seem to die pretty quickly around here. I'd love to know more about them.

Lisa said...

Looks more like a horse fly than a locust. Locusts have back legs that resemble a cricket or a grass hopper.