Text

~my thoughts about life~



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is a Clean Post

I realized today that I have a slight obsession with good-smelling cleaning products. I stand in the cleaning aisle at Wal-Mart and study each bottle. If possible, I remove the lids and smell away. I have tried dozens of different products, tying to find the best scents. Here is my list of current cleaning products, for anyone out there who is smell obsessed like myself.




  • Swiffer Dust & Shine Furniture Spray- Gentle Breeze scent. Newly discovered by me, I've taken to dusting daily simply for smell purposes. Sometime I'll even just spray it in the air to get more fresh goodness out of it.


  • Fabuloso Multi-Purpose Cleaner- Lavender scent. Mopping the kitchen floor is almost a joy! I said "almost!"



          • Cascade Complete Dishwasher Detergent- Fresh Rapids scent actually smells good while my dishwasher is running! Although it doesn't work well any more, which is another story.



                • Softsoap Hand Soap- Pomegranate & Mango. So long, Bath & Body Works hand soaps! I think the Softsoap company has one up on you here!



                  • Snuggle Fabric Softener- Sweet Blossom & Pomegranate scent. I buy it in both liquid form and dryer sheets. It doesn't make laundry more fun but it helps take some of the stink out of it!



                  • As far as bathroom cleaners go, I've tried them all. I like most of them the same, as long as they don't have too strong of a bleach smell. One I totally hate is Kaboom by Oxy Clean, even though I loved Billy Mays. I guess he died before he could convince them into making it smell better. The current bathroom cleaner I'm using is Scrubbing Bubbles, which "easily removes Soap Scum" with "Orange Action."


                  • And lastly, I adore Palmolive Aroma Sensations dish soap, Lavender scent. It's the only dish soap I'll buy.





                  You would think that someone so obsessed with cleaning products would be a total neat freak and have a completely spotless house. You go right on ahead thinking that!

                  "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

                  (All of these opinions are completely mine. I have not been compensated in any form by any of these companies.)

                  2 comments:

                  Theresa said...

                  I do the same thing!!! I've seen people give me strange looks, so I am glad to know that you do this too! That cheap-o Fabulouso is one of my favorite smelling cleaning products! AND Armstrong Floor Cleaner...OMG! I told my mom that I want to bathe in it --it smells sooooooooo good!!!

                  ~she~ said...

                  Hmmm...I might just have to try the floor cleaner! Thanks!