Text

~my thoughts about life~



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Food For Thought

I bought Paula Deen's memoir today and I'm anxious to get into it. I would love to spend an entire day in the kitchen with that woman. We would cook up a storm, ya'll!
______________________________

Why does food taste so much better when it's free? Hubby and I drove Mom's Lexus today while she toted around the grandkids in our minivan. She asked us to get her car washed, which Lexus does for free. They have a cute little snack area stocked with all kinds of things. I almost felt like I was on vacation, sitting on a leather couch with no kids, reading my new book, and enjoying a store bought cookie with a cup of Earl Grey. We were more than a little bummed when they said our car was clean.
______________________________

Not to rub it in, but my lunch at Chipotle was so good that I nearly licked the burrito bowl clean! I feel truly sorry for those of you who do not have Chipotle in your vicinity.
______________________________

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
______________________________

I am still sad that the days of December cookies are behind me. Although my waistline and cholesterol are thankful. I think I'm going through home-baked withdrawal. Is there a patch for that?
______________________________

What are you eating today? Or better yet, what's eating you?

No comments: