Text

~my thoughts about life~



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chip Off the Old Block

That's what I am.  I am my mother's daughter.

Someone gave me a picture they took of my mom and me at the Mother-Daughter Banquet I recently directed.  My mom passed the torch after 30 years of doing the same thing.  I am proud to be like her.  No one does silly like my mama.

So in honor of Mother's Day, I thought I would share a pic of me with mine.  We may not look alike, but I become more like her the older I get.  (Great...pretty soon I'll start annoying myself!)   

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas out there!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Several years ago a friend received a coffee mug from her sister that said, "Congratulations, you've become your mother!"

Funny how that happens. It kind of sneaks up on you. I remember the day I looked in the mirror and thought, "oh my gosh, I'm my mother".

30 years directing the Mother-Daughter banquet??? She obviously has some great stamina.